This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of University of California San Diego School of Medicine and Gaffney Events Educational Trust. The University of California San Diego School of Medicine is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
PHYSICIAN CONTINUING EDUCATION
The University of California San Diego School of Medicine designates this live activity for a maximum of 13.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
CREDIT FOR NURSES
For the purpose of recertification, the American Nurses Credentialing Center accepts AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ issued by organizations accredited by the ACCME. Nurses who attend an activity certified for Category 1 credit can complete the continuing education hours section of the ANCC Professional Development Record to document the courses attended and the hours obtained.
Upon completion of this course, participants should be able to:
• Identify the impact of COVID-19 on STEMI care and the field of interventional cardiology
• Identify new techniques and technologies for CTO, bifurcation and left main PCI
• Identify the role of various lesion modifications/atherectomy techniques prior to coronary stenting
• Identify the utility of adjunctive hemodynamic support to facilitate complete coronary revascularization and high-risk PCI
• Identify the advantages and utility of robotic PCI
• Review the data and indications for percutaneous VADs in severe decompensated CHF and cardiogenic shock
• Review the contemporary data and indications for TAVR
• Identify the role of left atrial appendage closure and percutaneous mitral valve repair
• Identify optimal oral and intravenous antiplatelet therapy for PCI
• Review optimal utilization of FFR, IVUS, and OCT in reducing inappropriate PCI
• Identify appropriate patients and approaches for peripheral vascular interventions
• Identify occupational hazards of interventive cardiology and strategies to reduce radiation association risk
DISCLOSURES OF CONFLICT OF INTEREST
It is the policy of University of California San Diego Continuing Medical Education to ensure that the content of accredited continuing education and related materials is accurate, balanced, objective, and scientifically justified. Education must be free of the influence or control of ineligible companies, and protect learners from promotion, marketing, and commercial bias. All persons in a position to control the content of accredited education must disclose all financial relationships held with ineligible companies, prior to assuming a role in the activity. Those relationships deemed relevant to the education, are mitigated prior to the activity through one of the following strategies: 1) divesting the financial relationship, 2) altering the individual’s control over content, and/or 3) validating the content through independent peer review. Persons who refuse or fail to disclose are disqualified from participating in the activity. Activities are evaluated by participants and peer reviewers to determine if the content was free of bias and met acceptable scientific standards. This information is considered in future activity planning.
CULTURAL AND LINGUISTIC COMPETENCY
COURSE EVALUATION & CERTIFICATE
PARTICIPATION REQUIREMENTS AND OBTAINING CREDIT CERTIFICATE.
- Review the Course Syllabus (www.SDInterventions.com/accreditation) prior to engaging in this CME activity.
- Check-in at Registration Desk, pick-up badge and scan each day to record attendance.
- Attend accredited sessions.
- Complete the Course Evaluation Survey following the conclusion of this activity to claim credit.
- The survey will be available beginning Sunday, August 21, 2022
Login to: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/SDCI_2022
- After completing the survey, your certificate will be emailed to you within 10 days.
- If you have any questions, contact email@example.com.