This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of University of California San Diego School of Medicine and Gaffney Events Educational Trust. The University of California San Diego School of Medicine is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
PHYSICIAN CONTINUING EDUCATION
The University of California, San Diego School of Medicine designates this live activity for a maximum of 13.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
CREDIT FOR NURSES
For the purpose of recertification, the American Nurses Credentialing Center accepts AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ issued by organizations accredited by the ACCME. Nurses who attend an activity certified for Category 1 credit can complete the continuing education hours section of the ANCC Professional Development Record to document the courses attended and the hours obtained.
Upon completion of this course, participants should be able to:
• Identify new techniques and technologies for CTO, bifurcation and left mainŚ PCI
• Identify the role of various lesion modifications/atherectomy techniques prior to coronary stenting
• Identify the utility of adjunctive hemodynamic support to facilitate complete coronary
revascularization and high-risk PCI
• Identify the advantages and utility of robotic PCI
• Review the data and indications for percutaneous VADs in severe decompensated CHF and cardiogenic shock
• Review the contemporary data and indications for TAVR
• Identify the role of left atrial appendage closure and percutaneous mitral valve repair
• Identify optimal oral and intravenous antiplatelet therapy for PCI
• Review optimal utilization of FFR, IVUS, and OCT in reducing inappropriate PCI
• Identify appropriate patients and approaches for peripheral vascular interventions
• Identify occupational hazards of interventive cardiology and strategies to reduce radiation association risk
DISCLOSURES OF CONFLICT OF INTEREST
CULTURAL AND LINGUISTIC COMPETENCY
COURSE EVALUATION & CERTIFICATE
PARTICIPATION REQUIREMENTS AND OBTAINING CREDIT CERTIFICATE.
- Review the Course Syllabus prior to engaging in this CME activity.
- Check-in at Registration Desk, pick-up badge and scan each day to record attendance.
- Attend accredited sessions.
- Complete the Course Evaluation Survey following the conclusion of this activity to claim credit.
- The survey will be available beginning Sunday, August 25, 2019.
- Login to: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/SDCI_2019.
- Your certificate will be emailed to you within 10 days after completing the evaluation.
- If you have any questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.